I’m sensing that your description of a guy shaking hands and knees during the presentation is me (haha). That week I just wanted to get rid of all my stresses but guess SAT was an obstacle that prevented me watching Race to Nowhere.
Okay let me get to the point. I totally agree with your argument that the majority of people end up doing 50% of their potentiality when it comes to examination, asessment except for some nerds. But is stress the only factor that causes people from only “half-assing” the amount of education we get? I think the reason for us not performing at our optimal levels is that we lack skills. Yes, we lack test skills. And you know why, it is because we are only high school babies. We aren’t good enough yet. Education at this stage is the answer. As you have raed Malcolm Gladwell’s Blink, our snap-judgement, thin-slicing, which are basically specific integrals of our experience, skills and knowledge. Gladwell also stated that thin-slicing is not random; it results from years of training and training in one’s specific area of specialisation. Getting back to the point whether education is “fcuked” up or not, I think it is not, even though I want to think it is. We need basic skills to be inherent in our “self” so that doing work outside school can be successful. What we do outside school is a simple application of secondary school education- or even a big gigantic world of secondary schools. Do you ever wonder why you really loved pizza making? I believe it resulted from your education. Moreover, I do not think education does not just limit to scholarship but also extra-curricular activities like playing musical instruments, sports and physical activities, community services/volunteer works, adventuring through wildlife, donation. Most of these are offerred in AES…..!!
No comments:
Post a Comment